[Mldxcc] N6ZFO ARRL CW SOLP 147,436 899 x 82.

Bill Haddon haddon.bill at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 01:57:24 EST 2015

 N6ZFO 2015 ARRL SS CW   SOLP "A"

     ARRL Section : SF
     Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club
    Time:  21.5 hours.

        Band    QSOs      Sec
       80       175         4
       40       250       12
       20       158       11
       15       167        7
         10          149          48
      Total:        899          82       =  147,436 points

Equipment:  FT-1000MPMkV  at 150 w.
Antennas:  3el  Yagis 10, 15
                  2 el Yagi  20m
              40m DE Zepp at 80 feet for 40/80

Comments:  The delayed, reflected signals on 80m Sat night were bizarre,
making for difficult operating while hearing one's own signal coming back a
fraction of a second later.  Maybe this phenomenon was connected with the
CME that grazed the earth on Saturday?? Oddest propagation phenomenon I've
heard in 60 years on the air.

What's was striking about the contest weekend is the almost even
distribution of QSO's across all bands.

The score was an increase of 26,000 compared to last year.   But not by any
means my best.  The poor 15m conditions hurt badly.  It was generally
difficult to sustain runs, with a few notable exceptions, one during half
of the last hour on 40m.  There was one "internet pileup" on 20m that was
beyond  belief for about 15 minutes, with rates of almost 3 per minute.  I
tried very hard to make 900 QSO's, cq'ing to the last minute, but fell one
short.   In the last 90 mins of the contest was able to increase the score
from 130,000 to the final 147,000 thanks to the spectacular run on 7056.

Never heard NT; all other mults came easily and multiply, except for PR and
NL with one Q each.  One of the last mults was QC; a qrp station called in
on 80m late Sat night.

As per request from W1RH, will hold off on submitting log until we're sure
this score is OK for the Medium Category club effort.

73  Bill N6ZFO