[Mldxcc] TX3X Chesterfield Update

John Miller webaron at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 16:54:46 EDT 2015

Thus far I have been able to work these "local" TX3X operators on SSB:

40M	Tom, ND2T
20M	Ross, K6GFJ
17M	Steve, W1SRD
15M	Kevin, K6TD

I volunteered to keep in touch with their families while they're on the DXpedition.

My general sense from these "quick chats", is that they are having a miserable time coping with the high winds, rain, sleeping conditions, and Mother Nature in general on Chesterfield.  Some of this is documented on the internet, the latest yesterday:

http://www.dx-world.net/tx3x-chesterfield-island-dxpedition-2015/

Unfortunately their website and log search function has been down for several hours now:  http://TX3X.com
Hopefully this is temporary.

The biggest problem has been installing their antennas, especially for 80M and 160M because of the high winds.  Thus far, they have not been able to activate those bands.  The team is still in good spirits, however, and determined to overcome these visits from Murphy.  They'll be there another week.  Let's wish them good luck.  Fingers crossed.

My advice:  If you've already worked them, try to resist the temptation to rack up a lot of band-modes until the group has had a chance to put as many ATNO QSOs in the log as possible this week.  And keep watching those DX cluster spots.

73,
John, K6MM