[Mldxcc] DX Spot: EP2A Iran 7.021 and 10.115 up; daily report

Rick WA6NHC wa6nhc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:34:44 EDT 2016

I was able to tell that they were on 10.115 (up 1-6) a few ago but the
lidfest has begun, destroying even the ESP (almost) copy and the band is
shifting against us.  VOAProp says no chance, so it must be some side
scatter or something (my wire talks perfectly with some gain for that
direction but 20 deg up is too high).  I know I heard them.

They are now ESP level at 7.021 (up 1-5), not enough to confirm but well
spotted on the cluster.  Noise is lower than earlier (-115 dbm here),
take a listen.  Our grey lines do not match, not even close.

Tonight the conditions are MUCH better than last night, so I'm hoping
for a return to 20 CW tonight (active 8-10 local last night).  They were
on earlier today with NA only on 20, working many then just stopped and
went to 30.  Always the elusive entity for me...

Good luck,
Rick nhc

PS The A25UK team is QRT, hope you got at least one!