[Mldxcc] [NCCC] Fw: [WriteLog] Practice. and not only Dual-CQ--novice, S&P contesters can, too

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Mon Aug 15 19:29:10 EDT 2016

I have the opposite experience.  So many stations keep calling that I find it difficult to get up and walk away.  K5ZD calls this the "potato chip effect" ... can't stop having just one more.

This is, by far, my favorite contest simulator.  It provides S&P as well as running.  It is the only simulator for RTTY.  It is not perfectly realistic, but very much so in some important ways.  It gets better every day.  If you want to improve your contesting skill, practice daily with CSS.

I currently run with the S&P parameter at 5.  Much above that on RTTY and the decoders can't cope until someone calls far enough away from the pileup center.  My best 10-minute rate on RTTY is 174/hr in SO1R.  About time I hit peak rate, a station asks for a repeat or several stations send long calls or exchanges ... just like a real contest.

My only complaint about CSS is that it is addictive.  My complaint about Wayne's Duel-CQ module is that it only works with one PC.  I duel-CQ with a PC on each radio.  Both apps are really slick, though.

73,
Ed W0YK