[Mldxcc] Fwd: [NCDXC Chat] Update from VP8STI Team

Rick WA6NHC wa6nhc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 17:13:49 EST 2016

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[NCDXC Chat] Update from VP8STI Team
Date: 	Sun, 24 Jan 2016 13:57:47 -0800
From: 	Mike Flowers via Chat <chat at ncdxc.org>
To: 	Chat NCDXC <chat at ncdxc.org>

Dear DX Community:

Since early this morning, we have been experiencing blizzard like
conditions with strong winds and heavy snow fall. Some of our antennas
have become damaged by the high winds and the snow fall is making access
to them very difficult.  It is also increasingly difficult to re-fuel
our generators.

Our biggest concern is our four tents, one of which has already been
damaged by the high winds. We are in VHF communications with the
Braveheart and we are discussing contingency plans to abort or shorten
the DXpedition if safety requires.

The Braveheart is unable to maintain their anchor position and is moving
out to sea. We are currently active on three stations however we are
becoming increasingly less confident that we can maintain this activity.
Please know that we are doing our best under extreme circumstances to
make contacts with the global DX Community. This DXpedition has
thoroughly tested each member physically, mentally and spiritually. We
pray for a safe return.

We hope that we can continue however we feel the need to inform you that
our activity may abruptly come to an end in the name of safety of our
team and the crew of the Braveheart.

Best wishes from the Intrepid-DX Group VP8STI Team.

Thank you,

Paul N6PSE
Co-Leader, VP8STI

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"