[Mldxcc] South Atlantic IR Weather Satellite--VP8

Rick WA6NHC wa6nhc at comcast.net
Sun Jan 24 20:08:13 EST 2016

Good imagery resources.  They are at: -59.45 Lat(S) -27.326 Long (E)
according to the wx site I posted earlier.

If you make a } on your map from Tierra Del Fuego (southern
Argentina/Chile) and the tip of the Antarctic, making a line going east,
slightly north of that line brings you to a string of islands (a
volcanic rift zone from the shifting plate, interesting geology in
itself); the southern most is Thule, then WNW of Thule is South Georgia...

Weather wise for the next foreseeable future, it sucks!  Freezing or
below, WINDY and inclimate, HIGH humidity in the nicest of times (and
this is SUMMER?).  They'll be fortunate to (a) get back aboard, (b) get
to South Georgia Island and (c) operate from there.  These guys are
heroes!  Give me tropical any day, at least warm and humid is tolerable
with a breeze (and an open bar tab)!

"The coldest winter I ever saw, was a summer in San Francisco"  Mark
Twain  ;-)

Rick