[Mldxcc] your occasional mldxcc reflector reminder, revised

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:42:12 EDT 2016

For best success in sending timely reflector messages, put
mldxcc at contesting.com into the "To:" field, and don't add a lot of other
email addresses. Because:

1. If you put mldxcc at contesting.com into a BCC field, the reflector will
hold the email for admin approval.

2. If you put mldxcc at contesting.com into an email with a lot of other email
addresses, the reflector will hold the email for admin approval.

3. If you attempt to send an email through the reflector that is larger
than about 500KB, the reflector will hold the email for admin approval.

4. If you attempt to send an email through the reflector from an email you
have never used to send to the reflector, the reflector will hold the email
for admin approval.

In all of the above cases the reflector may also reject the message
outright if it thinks it is spam (by whatever criteria it uses to do that).

Approvals will happen when the admin gets back to a computer and notices
that an email has been held, which can be a couple of hours or a couple of
days.

If you get a rejection, it does not mean you have been kicked out of
MLDXCC. It just means there is a problem to solve. Since the reflector may
not alert the admin on rejections, contact the admin (me) so I can sort it
out for you. The rejection email should have a reply address like this -
mldxcc-owner at contesting.com - that will come to me when you reply.

Thanks and 73 - jeff wk6i (MLDXCC reflector admin)

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff at gmail.com

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff at gmail.com