[Mldxcc] DX Spotting

Rick WA6NHC wa6nhc at gmail.com
Sun May 15 13:50:57 EDT 2016

One suggestion was to use a barely used repeater on Mt Vaca which would
also allow coverage to the Bay Area as well as saturate most of the
central Sierras.  The sole issue that three OT have an afternoon 'net'
around 3 PM that lasts around 20 minutes.  (Bob is trustee.)

It could also (if I understood Bob correctly) be inter-tied with a
system that would enhance coverage in the southern Central valley.

I know it's old school, but hearing a DX spot (NOT yet on the cluster)
on a quiet channel is sometimes faster if one wants to jump in before
the pileup.  I would suggest only using the repeater for DX spotting to
raise the likelihood of NOT being turned down from the chatter.

The EDCARC channel has been useful, but there is random conversations,
plus evening nets (right when 20 gets interesting) so it may not be the
best choice if a clear channel is needed.

I encourage conversation here, if there is interest since the NCDXC
repeater is not heard well here anymore.  I'm not whining about DX
clusters, but email spotting is so bleeding slow if you want your
buddies to have a chance before the hordes attack.

73 and good to see you yesterday,

Rick NHC