[Mldxcc] N6ZFO/N0KQ ARRL SS CW, "M", 957 x 83 = 158,862

Bill Haddon haddon.bill at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:33:35 EST 2016

Hi Dennis,

When I joined MLDXCC, we agreed to alternate between REDXA and MLDXCC for
contest scores (CQP in particular).  2016 is the REDXA year for SS.
However REDXA has a local club effort, with a 35 miles circle radius;
sadly, for them, the separation between my QTH and the most southerly Marin
member is 74 miles. .  so 159K contribution will probably go to MLDXCC.
Ironically, my score is almost triple the combined score of the Marin
stations but the circle had to be set pre-contest.  I suggested to Jim that
it is politically unwise for REDXA to gerrymander to exclude the Marin
stations.

The score was a bit lower than expected .   we're in a transition to HP,
and are unable to run HP on the wires for 40 and 80m. Returning the day
before from 2 1/2 weeks in Italy left no time to work on this problem
before the contest. No doubt  the 200w power cost some qso's, as conditions
were marginal on 40m and the added ~8 dB would have been useful (1500 vs
200w).  I'll have limited participation for SSB, but can maybe pledge
125,000 pts.

73 Bill n6zfo.