[Mldxcc] Calendar review

Dennis Moore dennis at mail4life.net
Tue Nov 15 18:30:54 EST 2016

I have both the CQ and ARRL 2017 calendars. Before the Nov 12th meeting
Steve K6SCA asked for the differences between them, and I thought I'd
share with you in case somebody wanted to pick one up and didn't know
which one to get.

Both calendars have all of the CQ and ARRL contests listed.
In addition, the ARRL calendar shows School Club Roundup and North
American QSO party. The CQ calendar has neither.
Both calendars show lunar phases and meteor showers, the CQ calendar
shows more lunar activity (apogee/perigee) and some meteor showers that
aren't in the ARRL calendar.
The CQ calendar is 15 months (through March 2018), the ARRL calendar is
13 months, through Jan 2018.
The ARRL Calendar has Todd, KH2TJ as the November photo. Many of you
have met him at NCCC events, he lives up in Portola.
The CQ calendar is slightly larger.

That's it. Take your pick.

73, Dennis NJ6G