[Mldxcc] ARRL Rasies Fees on Outging QSL's, In case U missed this one

Rick Bates (WA6NHC) wa6nhc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:39:57 EDT 2016

In keeping with the military concept, the ARRL is SNAFU, frequently in cluster f*** mode, generally northeast coast oriented, stiff necked on changes to keep current with many modern practices practices such as server redundancy, web page code and many other areas which is surprising for a technology oriented group (and ALWAYS seeking more funding with whine-o-grams).  So the QSL and LOTW situations are of no surprise.  FUBAR is expected.

The LOTW situation is only one example, being complicated and convoluted while disallowing something as simple as deletion or editing of erroneous entries (making the database bloated, slower and demanding more resources, simply stupid).  There are simpler ways to provide a better level of security, even banking online is simpler.

I know this thread wasn't intended as an ARRL bash, but they're still the only game in town and more is expected of them.  It's disappointing in so many ways.

73,
Rick

Spell Czech happens