[Mldxcc] Calif Hands-Free Regulation AB-1785

Jim & Emilia jes at riverdeltawireless.com
Sat Feb 4 10:44:54 EST 2017

Here Here, Rick WA6NHC!

As Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry) said "a man's got to know his limits".

I love Rick's points on all the services that are affected.

I'm certain that it all depends on your training.  In my case, I'm a
licensed private aircraft pilot.  You are taught to do multiple tasks from
your very first flight (operating in a XYZ environment is a real eye
opener).  There is one very important rule in flying.  You must do these
tasks in the following order; aviate (fly the plane), navigate (know where
you are in XYZ space), then communicate (no one on the ground can fly your
plane).  Never deviate from these rules (just ask Captain Sullenberger; he
followed these rules exactly and his dire situation turned out all right).

These same rules can be applied when driving.  There have been many times,
while driving, that I've put the mike down and attended to the primary tasks
(drive the car and be situationally aware of the cars around you).
Communications come last.  I've missed some neat DX, but I'm still alive
because I followed my training.  Communicate another day.

I too am pretty fed up with our nanny state, but not quite PO'd enough to
leave, although I've done an extensive search on where to go, in the USA.

If you don't have multitasking ability, don't do 2 way radio in your car.

Get your wife licensed and let her have all the fun or have her drive and
you play on the radio!

73 and good DX.

Jim

WB6BET