[Mldxcc] Fwd: Shirley Rose, AA6K Silent Key

Dennis Moore dennis at mail4life.net
Sun Feb 5 16:23:34 EST 2017

RIP Shirley, you will be missed.

Dennis NJ6G

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Shirley Rose, AA6K Silent Key
Date: 	Sun, 05 Feb 2017 13:21:34 -0800
From: 	john at litz.com
To: 	dennis at mail4life.net, k6sca at arrl.net

Dear Dennis & Steve,

I have been contacted by Jennifer, Shirl's daughter who has sadly
related that Shirley Rose, AA6K passed away suddenly on Wednesday,
February 1st. Please pass this sad news to your membership.

He was doing much better with his new Chemo treatment, but developed a
fast moving infection leading to dehydration after his last Chemo
treatment.  Sadly it was more than his body could fight and he died at
the hospital about a day after being admitted.

She is planning on a memorial / wake of Bar-B-Que and beers to be raised
in Shirley's honor in late July (tentatively the 29th) at his former
home here in Stockton.

Perhaps the club would honor Shirl's many years of service by offering
to assist with expenses for the memorial ? I will be putting something
on the W6SF website shortly and asking our board to do the same.

73,

John Litz, President
SDARC