[Mldxcc] Fw: RTTY Roundup W1RH M/S HP

Robert Hess w1rh at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 8 19:59:41 EST 2017

Tyler, K6TLR, is a KB operator and my new secret weapon!  He did about 70% of the BIC time.  Very competitive and has all the makings of a future WRTC player.

Horrible conditions.  Only worked about 10 EU's.   Also missed the rarer Canadian provinces.
Clicking on a mult in the Writelog band map threw the Flex into digital mode, rather than RTTY.  That made point and click useless.  Had to find the mults the old fashioned way, by just doing S&P.  I suspect this is a Writelog issue but might be the Flex.  Need to talk to the gurus.
Also, with only 6 band changes allowed in M/S class, SO2R was not in the cards....but SO2V was and the Flex was awesome in that department.
We made one more Q than I made last year as a single op in 21 hours of operation.  About 15 fewer mults.
Thanks to all of the KB'ers out there for the Q's.
Thanks to K6TU for maintaining the Supercheck Partial files.
Thanks to N6EE for his customized Supercheck Partial file that let Tyler see who the KB'ers are by showing their names when they pop up in the window.
Thanks to W0YK for the prefill file.

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W1RH
Operator(s): K6TLR W1RH
Station: W1RH

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  80:  249
  40:  233
  20:  521
  15:  235
  10:  56
Total: 1294  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 28  Total Score = 108,696

Club: Northern California Contest Club