[Mldxcc] Fw: NAQP SSB W1RH Single Op LP

Robert Hess w1rh at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 15:41:43 EST 2017

North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W1RH
Operator(s): W1RH
Station: W1RH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:  19    7
  80:  32    13
  40:  151    37
  20:  300    53
  15:  60    20
  10:    1    1
-------------------
Total:  563  131  Total Score = 73,753

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #3

Comments:

Overall, disappointing.  I had limited operating time and the times I wasn't on
the radio were some of the better times for propagation.

Unlike CW, where I worked New Mexico, Colorado, and CA on 10 meters, K6LRN, who
is line of site from me, was my only 10 meter mult.

I had counted on 80 to get to my goal of 100K, but it didn't happen.  Band
conditions were horrible and it seemed that no one was on.  I did 167 Q's in CW
on 80, where my station plays really well.  Only 32 this time.  For some reason,
static crashes were just horrible on 40 and 80, but 160 was fairly quiet.

Nice to have VE8GER call me.  He mentioned that it was -30 at his location.  In
general, I'm not a fan of SSB contests, but it's nice to have that quick chat
with friends.

Thanks for the Q's.