[Mldxcc] WB6RVR SK

Steve Allred k6sca at volcano.net
Tue Jun 20 00:57:02 EDT 2017

Sad news...t
aken way to young.

Steve / K6SCA

----- Original Message -----
From:
 "Robert Hess via Mldxcc" <mldxcc at contesting.com>

To:
"MLDXCC Lode" <mldxcc at contesting.com>

Sent:
Tue, 20 Jun 2017 00:09:26 +0000 (UTC)
Subject:
[Mldxcc] WB6RVR SK

Although not a MLDXCC member, I know that many of you knew Norm,
WB6RVR.  He passed away this morning from a massive heart attack.

If you didn't know....

Norm was the president of NARCC for a few years.

He has been one of the active proponents of the re-write of the
California distracted driving bill.  You may have seen him talk at
the ARRL meeting in Visalia.

Norm has been the Official Observer Coordinator for the Sacramento
Valley Section for many years.

Norm has been the architect of the NCCC 501(c)(3) non-profit
paperwork, which is just about complete.  NCCC had recently decided
to give Norm a life membership in return for his time spent on this
project.

One other item on Norm's long list of activities has been his
volunteer work with the California State Railroad Museum, as their
Railroad Operations Manager in charge of the rolling stock.

Norm has been the trustee of the 99/39 repeater, in Walnut Grove, for
years and is on the board of the Mt Vaca 147.27 repeater.

Norm and a group of friends have been doing a M/S for the 160 contest
for many years, always placing well.

The list goes on and on.

I've known Norm since I was 13 years old.  He will be missed.

Bob
W1RH