[Mldxcc] Fw: SS SSB W1RH Multi-Op HP

Tyler Laursen tyler.laursen06 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 17:30:24 EST 2017

Thanks Bob!

I had a lot of fun with the pileups! Pileups are awesome. Running at rates
of 140/hr + for an hour at a time really gets the blood going. The rest of
the contest felt more like a grind, especially in the beginning when I
couldn't get a spot on 20 to run. Lost about 3 hours of running, which is
why our score was so much lower than last year (1201 compared to 982).
Thank you to W1SRD for the spots! I tried spotting those that I recognized
on Sunday.

I think my favorite part of the contest was in the last 3 minutes. I was
CQing fairly quickly (3-4seconds in between CQs), and all of a sudden 5
people came back all at once. The loudest guy said "<Callsign> I COULD HAVE
CALLED YOU EARLIER IF YOU WOULD SLOW DOWN!"... knowing I had 4 others
behind him to try and get to in less than 3 minutes, I hastily gave him his
report using the voice keyer (which no one else complained about the entire
contest) to which he came back with "DID YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID ABOUT SLOWING
DOWN?!" So I slowed down for him... waited for what seemed like forever for
my report, and then sped back up and was only able to log 1 more person
before 23:00  :(   To his credit, I was talking rather fast.... I dont know
if I would have been able to understand me either... The 2 people after me
got their info just fine though and didn't ask for any repeats. The clock
turned 23:00 just as I hit enter to log the 2nd person.

Thanks for the Qs!

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 1:56 PM, Robert Hess via Mldxcc <
mldxcc at contesting.com> wrote:

> I really do hate SS SSB......
>

> ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB
>
> Call: W1RH
> Operator(s): K6TLR W1RH
> Station: W1RH
>
> Class: Multi-Op HP
> QTH: SV
> Operating Time (hrs): 22.75

> ------------
>   160:    0
>   80:  124
>   40:  449
>   20:  241
>   15:  168
>   10:    0
> ------------
> Total:  982  Sections = 82  Total Score = 161,048
>
> Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club
>
> Comments:
>
> Tyler, K6TLR, is becoming one heck of a SSB contester.  He did about 16
> hours of
> the operation.  I did the rest.
>
> Missed PR.
>
> Thanks for the Q's.