[Mldxcc] CORRECTION: CQWW CW N6XI SOAB HP

Richard Tavan rick at tavan.com
Sun Nov 26 22:59:47 EST 2017

Oops! I was Assisted in this one and clicked the wrong category at 3830.

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N6XI
Operator(s): N6XI
Station: N6XI

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: SV (Truckee, CA)
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

   160:   16     8        8
    80:   31    19       30
    40:  115    28       60
    20:  326    29       87
    15:  117    23       49
    10:    3     2        3
------------------------------
Total:  608   109      237  Total Score = 595,812

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:
No, I wasn't "just playing around," the usual sobriquet for a part-time
contest operation. In fact, I exchanged that phrase with a few email
correspondents during my many, long breaks. But some time Saturday
evening, completing a few more post-lightning repairs and other chores,
I realized that what I was really doing was following W6SX Hank's advice
to have fun. When else can you find the bands packed wall-to-wall with
activity? When else can you make DXCC in a matter of hours and pick up a
few ATNOs? What better way to figure out how your station improvements
and repairs are working, how well your station plays, how often you win
"jump balls," how long it takes to break various kinds of pileups, how
your SO2R skills are holding up and, hopefully, improving? In the
current phase of the sunspot cycle, how often can you run Euros from the
West Coast, or BYs on 40? (BYs are the new JAs, you know.) So this
casual weekend of ham radio, which doesn't even deserve to be called an
"effort," was really a pleasure. I hope yours was, too, and Happy
Thanksgiving!

/Rick N6XI