[Mldxcc] CaQP W1SRD/6 SO(A)Fixed HP

Steve Dyer w1srd at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 01:09:04 EDT 2017

 California QSO Party

Call: W1SRD/6
Operator(s): W1SRD
Station: W1SRD/6

Class: SO(A)Fixed HP
QTH: ELDO
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:  15
  80:  85    28
  40:  192    248
  20:  367    241
  15:  183    145
  10:  17
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  859    662  Mults = 58  Total Score = 226,258

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

SO(A) because I watched the cluster and RBN but they did not net anything of value other than some situational awareness and entertainment. No SO2R with one dead SteppIR.
Conditions good for this part of the cycle with 15 strong and 10 open (even though I missed most of the opening(s).
N6ZFO provided motivation as we were neck and neck Saturday night. Edged me out in points with more CW. Lesson learned, but the run on 40 phone was too fun to give up.
Worked a bunch of VK/ZL stations in OCDX on 40 phone Saturday night. We gave each other numbers and I am sure they wondered why I was obsessed with "El Dorado".
/6 maybe not the best strategy, but doesn't feel like it hurt anything other than my throat.
Thanks to everyone that did a county expedition and NCCC for making this much fun possible.
Ontario Contest Club was out in force!

73/GL,
W1SRD/6