[Mldxcc] some random NAQP notes

tom at k5rc.com tom at k5rc.com
Mon Feb 26 18:11:30 EST 2018

Er, ah, Dick and I are 122 miles apart

Tom Taormina, K5RC

 <http://www.w7rn.com/> www.w7rn.com

775-847-7929

The Comstock Memorial Station, W7RN

From: Mldxcc [mailto:mldxcc-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Stai
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 2:06 PM
To: k6lrn at arrl.net
Cc: MLDXCC <mldxcc at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Mldxcc] some random NAQP notes

I CQed for you several times. Shrug. For what it is worth I was using a less directional antenna pointed at around 90 degrees. 73 jeff wk6i

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 1:46 PM, Dick Wilson <k6lrn12 at gmail.com <mailto:k6lrn12 at gmail.com> > wrote:

When we worked you asked for QSY to 10. I QSY'd, listened, heard nothing,
then called CQ. N6WM answered so it was OK. (N6RO off back of antenna, but
LOS to Oakley.)
I think W7RN & K6LRN are about 32 miles apart.
W7RN antennas are most likely pointing 70° with a possible null in my direction
while I am pointing same 70° in general direction..
Due to possible nulls, I, for one, often miss some Bay Area stations.

Dick