[Mldxcc] [NCCC] Maximize your RTTY Roundup score

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 19:11:42 EST 2018

I actually make use of k6tu.net to look at propagation, and then make a
decision based on my station capability and location. Your conditions will
be different from others.

In the Roundup you are allowed 2 break periods of not less than 30 minutes.

In general I typically go to sleep when the rate drops, then arise a few
hours later before dawn to work Asia etc on the low bands. Whether I take
that as one 6 hour break period or I take a 4 or 5 hour break and leave
another break period in reserve depends on what I think will happen at
sunrise, whether I think I'll need to do station repairs, etc.

Remember that the time from 1800 Saturday to your first QSO, and the time
between your last QSO and 2400 Sunday, do not count as a break period. So
if e.g. you sleep say 4 hours, and take a 1 hour sunrise break, then you
can just knock off early when you get to 24 hours in the log.

On the other hand, activity is still pretty strong at the end of the
Roundup in previous years. It's a dice roll.

Have fun! - jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff at gmail.com