[Mldxcc] CQP 2017 Final Results Now Available

Dennis Moore dennis at mail4life.net
Wed Jan 10 16:38:15 EST 2018

It certainly was a close race, and a primary goal of the organizers was
realized by a 42% increase in club competition.

While disappointed that the Southern California Contest Club edged us
out (3,854,745 vs. 3,775,482), I am glad to see that we had 50 logs
submitted for the club and that eight new county records were set by
MLDXCC club members.

Some of our club participants had never competed in this contest before
so can take their lessons learned into the 2018 contest. We also had a
number of members head into the field to activate rare counties, and
even though it may have sacrificed some points it certainly helps the
overall effort to make CQP the largest state QSO party in the country.
My hat's off to those set up on mountaintops and parking lots to get
those counties on the air.

I'm already looking forward to this year's contest!

Dennis, NJ6G