[Mldxcc] K3 Synthesizer Upgrade Question

Jim Venneman wx6v at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 20 01:11:39 EST 2018

Greetings,
I have an older K3 and have been considering whether to purchase the new KSYN3A synthesizer upgrade for my transceiver. I read the QST article provided on the Elecraft website about the new board, which contains mostly lab results. I was wondering if anyone in the club has any experience with the new synthesizer in real world conditions? In other words - does the new synthesizer actually help when operating in crowded band conditions during a contest or fighting a pileup during a dx contest? Just curious.
Thanks for any comments.
de Jim -WX6V-