[Mldxcc] New viewing cameras

Rick WA6NHC wa6nhc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 20:52:12 EST 2018

To improve the views from my place in North Idaho and show off the
critter visitors too, I've added two more cameras to the two I've been
using for some months.  They are now available on the web page; however
the one labeled Pew View is not in the permanent location (the view
won't be a lot different, just a little further from the house and a bit
to the right).  I have to fabricate antenna mounts to offset mount a
couple of them yet, plus run permanent power for two of them but they're
basically where I want them now.

Night (IR) viewing is limited to about 100 feet, but often the clouds
appear and moonlight improve that range. Some stars can be see too (ok,
they're planets).

I had to extend the wifi to reach the front/shop camera, so I might move
the Front/Shop camera to the shop instead of the garage (play with it a
bit more in the spring after I move the trailer).  If I do, it will show
the fruit trees (fenced) and the area behind the shop, where I've had no
cameras yet (but likely critter spots).  So that view may change, check
the camera labels.

Please remember that my uplink bandwidth is only 1 Mbps, so it chokes
easily (i.e. you might not be able to smoothly view all 4 cameras at
once or share nicely with other viewers, YMMV).  This is North Idaho, I
didn't move here for the Internet (just look at the cameras for one reason).

I /MAY/ change the viewing angles at any time, to watch the critters
live or to adapt to the shifting sunset patterns (N/S).  I have blocked
camera controls (PTZ) from the users, sorry.  Since I know the patterns
of the deer (as an example), I want the views in preset locations for
best opportunities.  One back yard camera will be shifted to see the
random lightning storms in the spring (may cut off one sunset view, TBD)

A couple of the other four cameras (critter dvr) have also been either
view shifted or relocated.  I'd ask that you use the web page cameras,
not the DVR (besides, they're better cameras).  The web page works from
any browser, the DVR doesn't.  Thank you!

The web page is http://stn7962.ip.irlp.net:8100    User/Pass is guest
(both in lower case).

Rick