Interfacing to Omni 6's

AlanN5NA@aol.com AlanN5NA@aol.com
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 22:41:26 -0500

On 11/6/95 WD0GVY wrote:

>Is anybody having much luck using NA and Omni 6's? I am seeing
>phantom vox trips (with or without W9XT voice card), frequency will
>jump for no reason (usually out of band too...goes from 7.something
>to 6.9something)...

I haven't messed with computer control while in SSB mode but I have
experimented while in CW.  I have experienced the frequency jump while in CW.
 It seems to jump about 100 KHz.  Also, it seems like it only happens on 40m.

I called Ten Tec last week and spoke to Paul Clinton about the problem.  He
didn't have any answers but did say they were reviewing the software.  He
said they've found many times the problem is in the contest program but I
have had the same problem with CT, NA, and TR.

Maybe if they get some more complaints they'll fix the problem!

73,  Alan  N5NA
alann5na@aol.com

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org