[na-user] Logging Multiple Contests

dap14@chrysler.com dap14@chrysler.com
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 15:59:04 -0500

     Henry, W5HNS asked about logging multiple contests at the same time.
     His interest is due to the simultaneous running of the Texas QSO Party
     and the MARAC County Hunters contest.

     He states that "the exchange will be the same", therefore how can you
     tell the difference between a MARAC QSO and a TQP QSO?  I suspect that
     in reality, although the exchange is the same, the multiplier table is
     not and that the only way to tell whether a QSO is MARAC or TQP is if
     a non-TX station sends a county.

     NA is not designed to log two contests simultaneously.  You could
     create a template which combines the two contests with a common
     multiplier file, but the scoring will be the two contests combined and
     NA provides no way to separate them.

     My only suggestion (short of two computers) is to run Windows with two
     DOS sessions running at the same time.  Use one NA to log MARAC and
     the other to log TQP.  This is likely to be awkward, since you will
     not know which one to log in until the exchange is sent.

     I know that there are only so many weekends per year, but scheduling
     contests which cause this sort of multi-contest confusion is not wise
     at all.  I know it makes me want to stay off the radio...

     73, Dave

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org