[na-user] NA w/Omni V

dap14@chrysler.com dap14@chrysler.com
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 08:33:22 -0500

     John, WA5TWL asked about using NA with an Omni-V.  We looked at
     supporting this radio some time ago, but the features we need to
     control the radio (specifically, command the radio to a frequency) are
     not available.  This is according to my "callsign brother" N8CC (a
     devout Omni owner and my reference expert on all things Omni).  Sorry,
     but you're out of luck on this one.

     With the Omni-VI, Ten-Tec switched and emulated ICOM.  (Personally, I
     wish they had emulated Kenwood for their control is better..)  Like
     ICOM, Ten-Tec made the radio ID character adjustable, which allows a
     program like NA to treat an Omni-VI just like say, an IC-765.

     73, Dave/K8CC

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org