NA re NAQP & New Features Soon!

Setzler setzler@C813.NPT.NUWC.NAVY.MIL
25 Jan 1996 11:07:12 -0500

The new version of NA to support two radios sounds very interesting.

Will the new version support two radios in a phone test too?

Is it able to control two radios, a Top Ten decoder and DVP at the same time?

Does it work with just one radio and DVP at the same time?

73 James/kd1ng

From: Bill Fisher  KM9P on Thu, Jan 25, 1996 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: NA re NAQP & New Features Soon!
To: Bob Patten
Cc: ac1o@gate.net; na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org; topten@akorn.net

The bug where you can't type in "DX" in the exchange field is fixed in
9.26h which I'm beta testing.

I'm working with Dave to add 2 radio Single-Op automation to the
program.  It's somewhat like N6TR's program in this regard, but with the
NA interface.  Example:

I am calling cq on radio #1...
I S&P on radio #2, I type ALT-D to dupe check a guy I find on the 2nd
radio... If it's not a dupe, a message appears "Waiting to call K8CC".
Now if I type in F4, my call is dumped to radio #2 instead of radio #1
and radio #1 is interrupted.  As soon as the call is done being sent,
radio #1 starts another CQ.  Now I have a window up on top of the main NA
logging window with (in this example) K8CC's call in the call field.  I
type in his exchange information and hit F2 to send the report.  When I
do so, radio #1 get interrupted.  As soon as the exchange is sent, radio
#1 starts another CQ session.

This is 100% efficiency and basically what I've been doing with 2 computers
and lock out boxes for the past 5
years.  Only now you can do it with one computer and be MORE efficient.
You still have to be able to listen to two radios at once, but this is a
significant step forward in contesting software for Single-Ops.  We are
working on refinements of the software daily, but I believe it's 90% of
the way there.

Dave has also added support for the TopTen devices boxes, which I use.
It's really neat to just type in a frequency and watch all of your
antenna switches follow the radio!

I used this new version (capability) in the NAQP CW contest and felt very
comfortable with it and felt more efficient than when I use 2 computers.
I finished (claimed) #1 in the contest.

If you have interest in 2 radio SOing, you will want this software.  Contact
K3LR about release dates.  I am planning on doing a WWW page that will
describe the operation and
theory in detail.  It's pretty simple though.

73

Bill, KM9P

Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org