[na-user] Missing Key Strokes

Richard Thorne Richard Thorne <rthorne@arn.net>
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 12:52:56 -0700

Bob Patten wrote:

> Recently, when typing in calls to NA, it randomly misses keystrokes.  I
> notice the same thing with both V10.19 and v10.20.  Has anyone else
> experienced the same problem.  At this point, I'm not sure if it my
> computer or a bug in the software.  But, I do NOT get the same effect when
> using CT...
>
>                                    ,'' '',
>      Bob Patten, N4BP              ( 0 0 )               Plantation, FL
> ________________________________oOOo-(_)-oOO___________________________________
>
>                           E-Mail: n4bp@shadow.net
>                Web Page:  http://www.shadow.net/~n4bp/n4bp.htm
>                       Brass Pounder BBS: (954) 472-7715
>
> --
> Submissions:              na-user@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
> WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/datom/
> Questions:                owner-na-user@contesting.com

Same problem here Bob.  But I think it may be the pc itself.  I run
Windows 95 (and I'm no expert with it).  I normally shutdown w95 and
have the computer re-start in dos mode.  That way I have better control
(I think) of my com ports.

I thought that this may be the cause.

What do you think Dave? Or is it operator error?

Rich Thorne - WB5M
Amarillo, TX
rthorne@arn.net