[na-user] Tests for missing keystrokes

k8cc@ix.netcom.com k8cc@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 22:12:05 -0500 (CDT)

Well, the score is currently running 2:1 in favor of folks that have encountered
the missing keystrokes problem, so it appears that it IS a real issue.  It is
surprising to me, however, and a few folks explicitly reported having no
problems.  These were not "wimpy" users either - all reported having
Auto Check Partial with a callsign database running.

It has occurred to me that the folks who have experienced this problem could
be a big help getting to the root of it.  If you could take some time for a couple
of experiments it might speed up the process.

1) Does it appear that only certain keys are being missed?  Is it a particular
   class of keys (alpha, function, ctrl, etc).

2) If you have Auto Check Partial running, turn it off - does the problem go away?

3) If you are running under Win95, can you try it under DOS, perhaps booting
   from a DOS floppy (the W6P WRTC '96 trick)?  Does it go away?

Any perceptions about program operation when this is occuring would be
greatly appreciated.  Work is going on here to analyze the problem too.

73,

Dave Pruett, K8CC                         DATOM Engineering
2727 Harris Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48198       DATOM@contesting.com
k8cc@ix.netcom.com                        http://www.contesting.com/datom