[na-user] DX Logging Software

Jeffrey Maass Jeffrey Maass <jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us>
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 09:36:09 -0500 (EST)

What is the 'Contesters' Choice' in non-contest DX logging software? I am
just starting to use computerized logging, and need to make a choice.

Important factors (to me):

  1) No reconfiguration of packet, radio, etc. when switching to/from NA;
  2) Ease of entering (selected portions of) 25+ years of paper logs;
  3) Ease of importing NA logs;
  4) Support for DXCC records, including entry of already-credited
      countries without necessarily entering all the QSO information;
  5) Support for W9XT DVK on phone and CW (paddle and output).
  6) Record keeping of DXCC and WAZ by band and mode.

Email responses to me, please. I'll post summary to list. If there's
a recent summary in the archives, send me the date and I'll look it up!

73,

Jeff Maass       (jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us)      Amateur Radio K8ND
      USPSA/IPSC # L-1192   NROI/CRO          NW of Columbus Ohio
      25000 Members in 2000!