[na-user] Auto Insert to Band Map

John Bednar jkbe@aloft.micro.lucent.com (John Bednar)
Wed, 5 Feb 97 09:19:07 EST

Dave,

>     Last week we had an interesting discussion started by Karel, OK2FD
>     about automatically having the callsign inserted into the Band Map
>     when the space bar was pressed.  I see a problem with this in that
>     partial calls will get into the band map.

I thought about this also before returning my support for
the idea. I believe the key to remember is that if the radio
frequency stays the same, the K8garblegarble, will be over-
written with K8Cgarble, and then finally K8CC. I wouldn't
expect multiple entries in the band map unless the frequency was
changed between attempts. If my logic is wrong let us know.

John, K3CT

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org