[na-user] Contest Voice Blaster

Bob Patten Bob Patten <n4bp@shadow.net>
Mon, 07 Jul 1997 02:05:21 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone had experience installing this TSR DVK?  I've tried installing
it in two different computers without success, although it will install
on my daughter's desktop.  My notebook's "SoundBlaster compatible"
probably isn't, but my desktop's SB should be.  The error message I get
is "Unable to initialize card and/or driver".  It does find the
CT-VOICE.DRV driver OK as I got a different message before I copied it to
my harddrive.  The SOUND environment variable is also screwy, seems like
a flaw in the software - but, as I said, CVB does find the driver OK.
Has anyone had similar problems and can offer a clue?

Bob Patten, N4BP                       Plantation, FL
n4bp@shadow.net                        http://www.shadow.net/~n4bp/n4bp.htm
Brass Pounder BBS  (954) 472-7715

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org