[na-user] na/iaru hq entries -Reply -Reply

James.E.Brown@LRD03.usace.army.mil James.E.Brown@LRD03.usace.army.mil
17 Jul 1997 11:39:11 Z

Yes.  I have come to realize that I need to change the set-up screen
from my state to zone 08.  Am running v10.16.  That would fix my
problem with the "sent" exchange field and my score for qso's with
the same ITU zone.  However, qso's with HQ stations only count as 1
point no matter where they are located, and the program scores
them based on their ITU zone instead.  Therefore, you must manually
change this later and manually recalculate your point totals.  This can
also lead to a problem with zone mults, e.g. if the program counts a
HQ station in, say,  zone 28 as a regular contact (and it does), then it
will not count zone 28 again later as a mult.if you work another zone
28 station.  However, HQ stations are not supposed to count as
zone mults, and the second zone 28 station should have been
counted as the mult., not the HQ station.

Jim   W4LC

>>> tgstewart@pepco.com 07/16/97 10:12pm >>>

What version are you running?  I had no problems with scoring.  You
need to
put your ITU zone  (7?)  in the QTH column when you set up the
contest in
NA instead of a state...that's probably why it didnt score your log
properly...it had no idea what zone you were in!

Dont know about the HQ mults tho...but I'd fix the other thing first
and
maybe that'll fall in place as well.

I ran 10.18 and had no scoring problems...that I know of! :)

73, Tyler K3MM

James.E.Brown@LRD03.usace.army.mil on 07/16/97 02:28:33 PM

Please respond to James.E.Brown@LRD03.usace.army.mil