[na-user] Source for NA Template Files

dap14@chrysler.com dap14@chrysler.com
Wed, 28 May 1997 18:36:32 -0400

     Rob, PA3ERC recently posted a message to this reflector looking for a
     source of template files for the NA Logging Program.  Until now, the
     LTA BBS at (216) 528-8877 was the only "on-line" source for these
     files.

     All this will change very soon.  Dave, K8CC and Tom, WB8VMN of DATOM
     Engineering are putting the finishing touches on a Web site that will
     be a one-stop source of files and information about NA.  The following
     areas are planned for this site:

         - DATOM Product Catalog
         - Ordering Information
         - Support Information
         - DATOM Tech Notes
         - NA Revision History
         - FTP Download of Program Upgrades (restricted)
         - FTP Download of NA Support Files (open)

     The capability to do FTP downloads of NA and its related files will be
     a powerful convenience for NA users.  Access to the actual program
     files will be restricted to currently registered NA users, but the
     support files area will be open to everyone.  By support files, we
     mean MASTER.DTA, COUNTRY.DAT, and all of the multiplier (.MLT) and
     Contest Rule Template (.CRT) files.

     Having the NA revision history on line will allow discerning users to
     determine if a particular problem has been addressed, and if so they
     can download the version with the fix.

     DATOM Tech Notes will be a monthly feature authored by K8CC or WB8VMN
     that covers some aspect of setting up or using NA or CVB.  We would
     welcome your input on what you would like to see covered.

     Bill Fisher, W4AN and Akorn Access have graciously agreed to host the
     site.  We expect to have a first version of the site (but without
     download capability) within a week.  Download capability should come
     soon after.  We will announce this status and the URL to the site here
     on the reflector, so stay tuned!

     73,

     DATOM Engineering

     Dave Pruett, K8CC