[na-user] SS Logging

ROBERT WANDERER ROBERT WANDERER <aa0cy@robertwanderer.gardnerville.nv.us>
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 17:03:54 -0800

Yes, I know about the space bar. It's no big deal as it is, but look at it this way:
Currently you type in a call, space, type QSO # space Power space space Check
space Section. The new technique would merely save one space (and would be
worse if a callsign correction was required, but that information was not given until the
"normal" time for giving the callsign). At the time I read the post it seemed logical, but no one
seems gung ho about it. However, in an attempt to pour oil on troubled waters, how
about the software recognizing 93A as the QSO # and Power and handling it without
the space being needed? Full parsing is unnecessary. Many folks send that info in
one fell swoop, however.
73, Bob AA0CY

----------
From:  Bob Patten[SMTP:n4bp@shadow.net]
Sent:  Tuesday, November 18, 1997 4:29 AM
To:  ROBERT WANDERER
Cc:  'DATOM'; 'James.E.Brown@LRD03.usace.army.mil'; 'NA Reflector'
Subject:  RE: [na-user] SS Logging

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, ROBERT WANDERER wrote:

> I think you're on to something there. 73, Bob AA0CY
>
> Serial #       Precedence     Call       Check          Section
>
> However, the exchange invariably gets sent in the following order:
>
> Call      Serial#    Precedence     Check    Section

I believe it's documented both in the manual and the on-line help.  Simply
use the space bar instead of the tab key to get from the call sign field
to the received serial number...

	   73,
				   ,'' '',
     Bob Patten, N4BP              ( 0 0 )               Plantation, FL

                          E-Mail: n4bp@shadow.net
               Web Page:  http://www.shadow.net/~n4bp/n4bp.htm
                      Brass Pounder BBS: (954) 472-7715