[na-user] ALT-L bug

Bill Long Bill Long <wlong@wmdc.edu>
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 15:53:20 +0000

Just thought I'd report that I now have tested my copy of NA v 10.24 on a
real live IBM system with a 486 chip in it (it's an HP machine), rather
than my Mac emulator.

Try this:
1. set up a dummy contest:  CW portion of ARRL sweepstakes.
2. log a call
3. issue the alt-l command to bring up the section abbreviation list
4. WITH THE SECTION LIST STILL SHOWING, log another call and get popped
back to DOS.
5. grumble a lot

BTW, you can contine to log calls OK, as long as you don't log one with the
section list showing.  You can even take a peek at the section list and put
it away (e.g. use the alt-w command), as long as the section abbreviation
list is gone before you try to log another call.

It's a serious bug, I suppose, but its effect won't be important until SS
next year.  Meanwhile I intend to give NA a good workout in the contest
this weekend.

73, Bill

Bill Long NY3M
wlong@wmdc.edu