[na-user] New NA Version 10.22
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 22:18:08 -0500 (CDT)
21 OCTOBER 1997
NEW NA RELEASE 10.22 NOW AVAILABLE
A new version of the NA contest logging program is now available from the
Radio Bookstore, the DATOM Web Site, or the LTA BBS. This release is the
result of significant effort on DATOM's part to resolve known bugs and to
add new features in response to user requests.
Recognizing that this release is occurring with CQWW SSB just around the
corner, users are recommended to try out the new version between now and the
contest. As a backup, 10.21 will also be available on the web site and
its always good insurance to have the previous version available if problems
arise. The only compatibility issues concern the new radio selections and
the PAQP points rule - if these are avoided, there should be no problems running
an older version.
Please note that FT-920 support has NOT been tested, but was coded solely
from Yaesu's documentation. We've yet to see a Yaesu radio that matched
the manual 100%, so FT-920 owners should not count on this support without
a test drive. Please report any problems with this and we'll get on it right
Also, the new Band Map was an extensive and difficult re-write. We have
successfully tested both configurations thoroughly in a real live setting,
so we're pretty confident of the code, but with this late release we're out
of time to fix errors. We're will use 10.22 at K8CC in CQWW SSB, but we'll
have 10.21 if a crash-and-burn bug is discovered.
- Score Window would show 24 GHz band as 10 GHz.
- ADIF files made from CQWW logs were missing RSTs and rcvd zone.
- Phantom problem where the spacebar would no longer move from field to
field, apparently caused during two-radio operation. See UPDATE.DOC
for notes about Alt-D (Check Alternate Call) operation.
- With multiple linked computers, an incoming QSO would overwrite the
MULTIPLIER SCREEN. Also, when a QSO was edited on a remote machine,
the current editing field on the local machine would be temporarily
- In SHOW QSOS WITH window, QSOs with longer calls should show up on lists
for shorter calls.
Program Features or Revisions (see UPDATE.DOC for details):
- Support added for IC-756, FT-920 and a separate selection for Omni-6.
New version of CONFIG.EXE (1.05) released to allow selecting new radios.
- With two radios, adding Alt to Enter or Minus keys allows setting main
or alternate VFO on the non-main radio.
- Band Map can be set to either moving frequency or fixed frequency with
new option on the PROGRAM OPTIONS CONTROL PANEL (default is moving).
- Added mult aliasing for contests where the QTH info in the exchange is not
what is scored as a mult - see UPDATE.DOC for further info. (Note: this
fixes in-state support for CQP.)
- PA QSO Party points rule added. Template Editor version 1.07 released
to allow this points selection.
- Newfoundland-Labrador (NL) section added to SECTIONS.MLT.
- Northern New York (NNY) section added to PAQSO.MLT.
- "CA" added as a multiplier in CALQSO.MLT (in-state).
- Non-mult DX enabled in CA QSO Party for in-state QSOs. New CALQSO1.CRT
- New PAQP templates released (both in/out state) to support points rule.
Files included in the ZIP1022.EXE zip archive:
CALQSO.ALI 'CQP multiplier alias file
CALQSO.MLT 'CQP (in-state) multiplier file
CALQSO1.CRT 'CQP (in-state) contest rules template
CONFIG.EXE 'Configuration Editor 1.05
NA.EXE 'NA 10.22
PAQSO.MLT 'PAQP multiplier file
PAQSO1.CRT 'PAQP (in-state) contest rules template
PAQSO2.CRT 'PAQP (out-state) contest rules template
SECTIONS.MLT 'ARRL Section multiplier file
TE.EXE 'Template Editor 1.07
UPDATE00.DOC 'Documentation update of all changes 10.00 to 10.16
UPDATE17.DOC 'Documentation update of all changes 10.17 to present
Note the two different documentation update files. UPDATE00.DOC reflects
the changes made from May 1996 to April 1997, and the referenced page
numbers correspond to the NA manuals distributed during that time frame.
UPDATE17.DOC reflects changes made since May 1997, and the referenced page
numbers correspond to the current NA manual.
Dave Pruett, K8CC
Tom Pruett, WB8VMN
Dave Pruett, K8CC DATOM Engineering
2727 Harris Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48198 DATOM@contesting.com
Administrative requests: na-user-REQUEST@contesting.com