[na-user] What to submit to ARRL?

Henderson, Dan N1ND Henderson, Dan N1ND" <DHenderson@arrl.org
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 09:57:11 -0500

Jeff:

It does get to be a task sorting through the incoming emails.  We have
received well over 1000 log entries via the FTP server and internet
email.  Our job is made easier if people just follow the rules about the
subject line.  Rule 4.4 of the General Rules for All ARRL Contests says:
"The subject line must contain your call sign, contest, mode and class.
For example: W1AW SS CW SO B"  But I would guess that at least 1/2 of
the entries do not follow this format.  The current "General Rules for
all ARRL Contests"  are found on pages 108-110,   "General Rules for
ARRL Contests on bands below 30 MHz (H.F.)" on page 110 and "General
Rules for ARRL Contests on Bands Above 50 MHz (VHF)" on page 112 of the
November 1998 issue of QST.  You can also find all of the rules,
calendars, and forms at the Contest Homepage at:
http://www.arrl.org/contests/

73

Dan Henderson, N1ND
Contest Branch Manager, ARRL

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Maass [mailto:jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us]
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 1998 9:41 AM
To: NA User List
Subject: RE: [na-user] What to submit to ARRL?

Thanks to everyone who pointed me at the "K8ND.SUM" and "K8ND.LOG" files
in my output directory.

I see that the ARRL has us putting all of these files in a single
directory
(using FTP): how do they distinguish my 160 Meter log/summary from my 10
Meter log/summary without opening each file? Or do they pay someone to
open and examine the contents of each received file and direct them to
the
correct "electronic pile" of submissions?

73,

Jeff Maass  jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us
http://www.netexp.net/~jmaass
USPSA/IPSC # L-1192  NROI/CRO   Amateur Radio K8ND     NW of Columbus
Ohio
"Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do."
                                              - Bertrand Russell