No subject

dap14@chrysler.com dap14@chrysler.com
Thu, 28 May 1998 08:59:05 -0400

Jim, N4DU wrote:

>I'm using NA 9.0 with Template Editor 1.02.  How do I change the template
>to reflect the new rules that allow points for US-US QSO's?  Dave, is this
>possible with 9.0?

I'm afraid NA9 users are out of luck on this one.  Even with a new template
and editor (which will come out later this summer) the NA9 program does not

contain the code to score the new rules.  If they had changed to one of the
points structures that exist in NA9 (for example, 2 points for every QSO)
then a simple template change would fix things.  As it is, even NA10 code
will have to change so a new version will be put out on the web site.

This is one of the dangers of a specialized rule structure vs. a more
general one such as constant pts/Q.  I suspect that virtually every contest
logging program in the world will require a revised version for the new
rules.

K8CC