[na-user] Downloads

dap14@daimlerchrysler.com dap14@daimlerchrysler.com
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:23:36 -0500

AA4NN wrote:

>I feel kinda stupid, but over last few weeks have been trying
>to download Country.dat from contesting.com/datom, using Juno
>Web and Internet Explorer.  Click Country.dat and activity
>window indicates downloading, then shows OPENING PAGE something
>I can't see, and the processing bar proceeds slowly to the right
>and stops just about where the last "t" is in Tom Pruett's name.
>That's about it, finally I get timed-out for no activity on the
>net. I look around on the hard drive and Country.dat isn't to be
>found. Any ideas, I mean, how complicated could this be?

I had this same problem with Explorer trying to download data
sheets from the Microchip web site.  I've been told (although I
have not confirmed this) that what is happening is that the file
is being downloaded to a temporary file, and what needs to happen
is to right-button-click the file and manually save it.  Can anyone
here on the reflector shed more light on this?

K8CC