[na-user] WPX Scoring

David A. Pruett David A. Pruett" <k8cc@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 23:00:14 -0400

To K6EP and the other who have written about this problem:

I have confirmed this evening that you are correct that the program will
score six-digit KG4 callsigns as Gitmo.  (BTW, the same problem
theoretically exists with KC6 callsigns and Saipan, but I did not confirm
this.)  Some time in the not-to-distant past I had modified the code to
handle this, which it does for CQWW and DX-type contests.  However, my code
overlooked WPX.  Digging deeper this evening, I have found the correct way
to handle this for all cases, to the best of my knowledge.  It will even
work correctly when you type "KG4" and hit F10 (should show Gitmo, if Gitmo
is a mult).  This fix will be in 10.37 which we should have out in a couple
of days.

The fix K6EP suggested (remove the "KG4" from the list of Gitmo prefixes)
will work, however if you encounter a new, previously unknown, legitimate
Gitmo call it will score it as USA until you had that specific call to
COUNTRY.DAT.  The logic changes incorporated in NA (along with the "KG4" in
the prefix list) are intended to remove this requirement.

On another reported problem, I have turned on every possible breakdown and
successfully written all of the output files to disk with our 6024 QSO
(before dupes) KU8E log.  I did this both under DOS 6.22 and under the
Win95 DOS environment.  I cannot duplicate the problem, so am at a loss to
proceed further.

73,

Dave/K8CC