[na-user] NA 10.37 now available
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:52:33 -0400
11 APRIL 1999
NEW NA RELEASE 10.37 NOW AVAILABLE
A new version of the NA contest logging program is now available from the
Radio Bookstore or the DATOM Engineering web site. This version has the
Bug fixes -
* When using two computers to send exchanges with a common serial number,
serial numbers sent from one computer were incorrect after a QSO was
logged on the remote computer (tnx K3MM, N6IG).
* Paddle reversal feature was broken (tnx K5RA & W5FO).
* Program would sometimes crash writing output files when a callsign
database was in use. (Big tnx to Dick, WC1M for discovering the
scenario when the crash would occur.)
* Four & six digit KG4s were scored as Guantanamo in WPX (tnx K6EP).
New features -
* There are now separate CW sidetones for paddle and computer-sent
messages controlled by selections in the KEYER CONTROL PANEL (tnx to
N5TJ for the suggestion).
* A new window called CONTEST BY HOUR has been added (tnx W4AN for the
* Ctrl-End key now moves to the end of the log while editing. Ctrl-Home
key moves to the beginning of the log.
* Added the following improvements to NAU version 1.29:
- The MERGE TWO QDF FILES function can now handle .QDFs up to NA's
QSO limit (was 6000 QSOs due to memory limitation).
- DIVIDE QDF BY BANDS (F1, then F6) has become SEPARATE A .QDF FILE.
An NA log file can now be separated by band, xmtr1/xmtr2 for m/2,
run/mult for m/s, or by the computer which logged the QSO.
Updated files -
* Latest COUNTRY.DAT from AD1C with erroneous control characters removed.
* IOTA.DAT has been updated with latest continent counts.
* Template files for MI and FL QSO parties updated to new rules.
Current versions of NA and accessory programs:
Dave Pruett, K8CC
Tom Pruett, WB8VMN
Administrative requests: na-user-REQUEST@contesting.com