[na-user] Problem with country list R1ANF/A

Ron Wetjen Ron Wetjen <wd4ahz@gte.net>
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 03:23:38 +0000

I also had the same problem with R1ANF/A (my post on this subject never
did show up on the reflector!).  I also checked to see if R1ANF/A was
listed in European Russia, as a reason for giving that credit, but it
wasn't.  Spent about an hour trying all sorts of things to get the
multiplier to score R1ANF/A as S. Shetland (which is what it counts for,
according to Jim, AD1C) correctly, but couldn't figure it out!

Unless someone else can figure it out, will probably end up leaving the
call as R1ANF to calculate my score correctly, and just edit the call to
R1ANF/A in the log I'll submit.

Also had another strange happening, related to R1ANF/A.  When changing
the call to R1ANF, I got credit for a country multiplier with LU8XW,
even though I worked Argentina earlier.  Changed the call back to
R1ANF/A, and the multiplier credit for LU8XW went away!!  I spotted
this, only because they were a couple QSO's apart, and both showed up on
the logging screen at the same time!

BUT, other than that, NA performed flawlessly, once again ... thanks
Dave!

Ron

--
One of the W1AW/4 Crew - IARU/WRTC-2000