[na-user] Re: BA1DU confuses NA 10.43

Ralph Parker Ralph Parker <rparker@intergate.bc.ca>
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 05:09:13 -0800

Hi Dave:
Tnx for your prompt reply, and thank you VERY much for your support, and
your patience with all of us dummies.
I hope you read my disclaimer about sometimes missing things in the manual :-)

>Go to the NA web site, and download a new COUNTRY.DAT, dated 11/7/99...
OK, got it. Works now. Actually, I thought I HAD done that, but it must
have only been CQ.CTY or the like that I updated.

>>"I can't get NA to send cw out the com port when running in a DOS window in
>>Windows 95..."
>I specifically remember being able to do this at the 1996 WRTC.  We could
>not get the LPT to work, but COM port keying worked fine...
Not a big deal. I just re-start in DOS mode, and everything is fine. Except:

>>"Also, I can use the keyer plus the paddle but not PTT, or the keyer and PTT
>>but not the paddle. Otherwise the computer locks up and sends dots untill I
>>quit NA and reset the computer."
>Appendix D, page 1: "Special note for using keying and paddles on a COM
>port".  Read it.
I did. I'm using a 9v battery (in DOS mode) but still only get 2 out of 3.
I even tried using different IRQs for my COM 2 port (COM1 is a mouse).
I haven't given up yet. Maybe I'll try the LPT port, but I was saving that
for the voice keyer control.

73, VE7XF

ps: Hey, how about a book: "NA for Dummies"?