[na-user] SS Database

tgstewart@pepco.com tgstewart@pepco.com
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:24:38 -0500

I'd use it if offered in NA.  I'm sure we could find someone willing to do
the database given the utility in NAU or whatever.

I sort of agree with you...I find it a little distasteful compared to the
super check partial data.

The difference given current SS checking is that you can afford to be a
little sloppy with the exchange becuase you will just lose the QSO unless
it's a unique mult.  If you bust the call, it's 4 QSO's!  So if I get
caught up running the second radio and miss a piece of exchange on the
first in the process, there isnt much incentive for me to verify
information.  With the database exchange, there is little reason to verify
anything you miss other than the callsign.

I'd rather see you do some RTTY support coding or adding VHF bands.

Well, how about a callsign/grid database??  :)

73, Ty K3MM

dap14@daimlerchrysler.com on 03/09/99 03:06:41 PM

Please respond to dap14@daimlerchrysler.com