[na-user] NA: WPX Contest changes- HELP!

dap14@daimlerchrysler.com dap14@daimlerchrysler.com
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:21:53 -0500

Doug,

There is no way to "modify" NA to make it work with the new WPX rules for 1999.
Older versions of NA do not contain the code to score in-country QSOs with one
point.

You need to get a new version off the web site http://www.contesting.com/datom
which contains the new scoring method.

If you have a version later than 10.18 you should have access to the secured
download site.  To do this you need to have a user name (your callsign) and a
password which was issued when you bought NA.  If you've lost this information,
shoot me an e-mail and we'll set you up.

NOTE TO ALL USERS: As of right now (1 PM EST, 3/23/99) to the best of my
knowledge the country file on the web site is still the corrupted version that
caused problems in ARRL DX.  We will have the corrected file up to the web site
this evening, as well as included in the NA version downloads.  Everyone
planning to operate WPX this weekend should check to be sure that they are not
using the corrupted file.  The way to check is to start a WPX file, and when the
number of countries and prefixes are noted, the bad file shows 750+ countries.
If you have the bad file, download the new one from the web site.  Users who
have purchased NA from Radio Bookstore in the past week or two already have the
fixed file.  I'll have Tom include a banner on the opening screen that the
corrected file is in place to alert everyone its there.

73,

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering