[na-user] Blinking red dupe message

dap14@daimlerchrysler.com dap14@daimlerchrysler.com
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:25:53 -0400

Doug, N6RT wrote:

>Is it possible to add a switch to change the blinking red dupe message
>to a solid non-blinking red message?  I like instant feedback (ala CT).
>Call me neurotic, but if you type in a dupe and catch the video card in
>its off stage of the text blinking cycle, that half second (or second on
>a slower machine with a slow video BIOS) seems like an eternity,
>especially in the sprint contest.

Yes this can be done.  Go into NAU and select the function which adjusts
the screen colors.  I don't recall the exact item (I don't have my NA
manual here at work) but there is a selection for the warning attribute.
Move onto that line with the cursor, and you can press a key (sorry, again
I can't recall which one, but there is a prompt) to shut off the blink.

Note that this globally shuts off the blinking for all warning messages,
but that sounds exactly what Doug wants.

I'm kinda surprised that more people don't take advantage of the ability
to customize their screen colors.  You can really change the appearance of
the program with some small tweaks.  You can always go back - if you get
into something that is really ugly, there is a key in the color adjust
screen to reset back to the defaults.

K8CC