[na-user] Void a QSO

k8cc k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net>
Sat, 02 Dec 2000 18:46:06 -0500

NAers:

I've been sitting here reading the answers on voiding a QSO.  What everyone
has proposed will work, and I've used them all.  Most often, I find that I
discover the problem entry immediately, so *IF NO REAL QSO HAS OCCURRED*, I
will simply edit the bad entry with the data from the next QSO I work.  No
muss, no fuss.

The situation that Pete, K4LDR mentioned arises when you discover the bad
QSO after many more QSOs have passed.  You can't just go back and turn it
into another QSO.  You CAN simply make it a dupe of the previous QSO.  No
logchecker is going to have a problem with this.

But there is another way...

The NA Utility Program (NAU.EXE) has a function called DELETE QSO(S) FROM
FILE.  It is function F5 on the main NAU menu.  This function allows you to
completely remove all QSOs with a particular callsign from your log
file.  What I do is simply change any bad QSOs to be delete to my own
callsign, then use NAU function F5 to remove all QSOs with my own call.

QSOs should not be deleted from log files where the contest includes serial
numbers.  With most contest logging programs, this will cause the serial
number that you allegedly sent to be off by one for all succeeding
QSOs.  NA has this same issue unless you're using QSO NUMBERS BY BAND, for
example when doing multi-multi in WPX, where the actual sent QSO number is
stored in the log file.  We'll fix this in a future NA version, but for now
don't remove QSOs when serial numbers are used.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com
http://datom.contesting.com