[na-user] Interfacing FT-1000MP with NA

Ken Adams Ken Adams <k5ka@ionet.net>
Sun, 06 Feb 2000 13:59:17 -0600

At 02:24 PM 2/6/00 EST, you wrote:

>I need some help getting NA to work with my FT-1000MP. I've connected a DB-9
>serial cable between my laptop's COM1 port and the MP. All I want to do is
>have NA track band changes and log the QSO frequency with each station
>worked. I read the hardcopy instructions and implemented them as best I can,
>but I don't think it's working for me. When I change bands on the MP, NA
>doesn't track. What I need is a step-by-step procedure that's been
>successfully implemented by somebody else. I need help.
>73, Bert
Make sure you config NA such that it knows radio 1 is an FT1000MP.
Make sure you select radio 1.
Make sure your serial port is set at 4800.
Sometimes you have to reverse pins 2/3 on one end of the DB9.  This
depends on the PC and serial board manufacturer.

When you have it working, your CAT light will flash every few seconds.

Good luck.

73, K5KA in Oklahoma
Ken